Save 50% or More on Auto Insurance - Vehicle Information

Login    Forum    Register    Search

Board index » General DragSource.net » General Auto

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: So there's that
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:18 pm 

Got the passenger side valve cover panel driled and tapped. I think it turned out pretty sick. Really changes how the motor looks. I really like that "aviation style" of parts where everything looks really mechanical but has style to it and I think this kind of pulls that off.

"The competitor to be feared is one who never bothers about you at all, but goes on making his own business better all the time." ~ Henry Ford

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:17 pm 
Bringin' Sexy BACK

Looks bad ass.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:40 pm 

This is what I got done today. This is the sub-bracing that is tying the frame to the pinch weld. You can see I also doubled up the frame in a several spots. The main purpose of that was to bring the frame "down" to the level of the pinch weld so that when I lay the belly pan on the car it has a nice level surface to be fastened to all the way across the bottom. The car should be unbelievably rigid by now.

Also I took a hole saw to the floor sheet metal under the 8"x8" 1/8" plates that the cage ties into. That was so I could bring some short pieces of 1 3/4" tubing down off the plate and this will be a dedicated place front and back to jack the car from. Then just some left over 1" tubing got notched and braced to the frame also. Obviously it will all get painted.

"The competitor to be feared is one who never bothers about you at all, but goes on making his own business better all the time." ~ Henry Ford

Post Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:00 pm 

youre putting a belly pan on the car? fucking awesome, but how much does the whole thing weigh now?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:07 pm 

yep, full belly pan and rear diffuser.

What I added today MIGHT be all of 5-7 pounds. The car will still be under 3,400 pounds.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:13 pm 

Very trick. I'm liking the thought going into this. I keep telling myself I should stop by after working on the bike the next block over but I end up staying way late working on it.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:51 pm 

that thing''ll look tits with a diffuser

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:47 pm 

just a fyi...this build is all over ls1.com right now...nothing but compliemnts on the board over there from the guys about this car....were all curious as to when this thing will fire up

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:58 pm 

Figured I would give you some pics of the car that I have taken that will all go with the car in binder for documentation of the build should I ever decide to sell it. The one thing I have learned through this build process as it comes to an end is that I am never going to live up to my own expectations....but hey, isn't that who you want building your car?

The pic of the cage is actually one I had to send to a guy that heads up the tech for ECTA (East Coast Timing Association) for land speed racing to show that the tube notching/welds and whatnot on the cage are indeed of a quality nature. I am trying to run the car at the Maxton Mile this summer and my cage isn't dead nuts tech legal so I am trying to do some convincing. I think they're gonna let me run. Not bad fitment for a hole saw notcher :D

Then I took some pics of the fab work of the valve cover panel that covers up the "Viper" text. Just simple aluminum sheet that I pounded to contour the valve covers and then just some bead rolling to match the ridges on the intake.

A couple pics of the complete side exhaust with black coating that will match the rims. In those pics I had yet to trim the "gasket" material/ heat blocker. I think it will look great once the car is sitting on the ground and the new trims tie it all together.

And the last pics here are basically the final product minus the hot pipes being coated and some misc. small detail pieces, fuel lines, wires, etc. But more or less it will look like this.

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:46 pm 

Damn NITEMARE really looks good dude. . . sorry bout all the shit talkin earlier, but it just really pisses me off... anyways car looks awesome!!!

ATS stage IV Trans
Air dog II 165
EFI LIVE DSP 5
Max effort 250hp tune.
Truxx level and 285's

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:57 pm 

Are you going to ceramic coat the turbo exhaust housings too?

Post Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:40 am 

of course

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:23 am 

whens this thing gonna be on the streets?

ATS stage IV Trans
Air dog II 165
EFI LIVE DSP 5
Max effort 250hp tune.
Truxx level and 285's

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » General DragSource.net » General Auto